While lunch at the university and the banquet dinner are taken care of, you may want to explore local restaurants for dinner the other days.
There are a lot of restaurants in and around Lugano. Here are some recommendations (but there are many, many more):
- Anema e Core – Napoli-style seafood and pizza, at the Cassarate river, with outdoor seating under the trees near campus
- Canvetto Luganese – artisanal restaurant operated by Fondazione Diamante, a local social enterprise with inclusiveness at its core, near campus
- Antica Osteria del Porto – at the Cassarate river near the lake
- Ciani Lugano – in the building near the lake where the Ukraine Recovery Conference just happened
- SEVEN – fusion cuisine, above the Casino, with some lake view
- La Lanchetta – lounge/bar/ristorante directly at the lake
- La Cucina di Alice – small but great, across the street from the lake, near downtown
- AnaCapri – at the train station with a great view over the city
- Piccolo Vigneto – local cuisine in a vineyard, half-way up Monte Bre, with a great view over the Lugano bay (but harder to get to)
Also check out Lugano restaurants on TripAdvisor or in the Lugano Tourist directory Lugano Region “Gastronomy & Traditions”.