Registered user since Sun 6 Feb 2022
Ben Shapiro leads the Learning Sciences team in Machine Intelligence at Apple.
He is also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and, by courtesy, in the School of Education and the Department of Information Science at the University of Colorado Boulder. His research group, the Laboratory for Playful Computation, investigates how to enable kids from diverse backgrounds to learn computer science through collaborative, creative expression and through the design of networked technologies to solve problems in their homes and communities. He received his PhD in Learning Sciences from Northwestern University and was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Wisconsin—Madison.
- Committee Member in Program Committee within the Research Papers-track
- Session Chair of Lightning Talks (part of Doctoral Consortium)
- Doctoral Consortium Co-Chair in Organizing Committee
- Session Chair of Posters (part of Doctoral Consortium)
- Doctoral Consortium Co-Chair in Organizing Committee within the Doctoral Consortium-track
View general profile